Computerworld surveyed 353 IT executives and has listed skills which are most in-demand for 2012.
The surveyed said that the following skills will be in demand:
- Programming and Application Development – 61% of the surveyed intend to hire for this skill in 2012, up from 44% in 2010 survey.
- Project Management – 44% plan to invest in project managers in 2012.
- Networking – 35% plan to hire professionals with networking skills.
- Business Intelligence – 23% plan to invest in professionals with Business Intelligence skills, up from 13% in 2010 survey
- Security – 17% plan to invest in Security professionals
About 29% of the respondents said that they plan to increase their IT staffing through next summer, up from 23% in 2010 and 20% in 2009.
Source: Computerworld's exclusive Forecast 2012 survey, June 2011. Base: 353 IT executive. Full article here: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/358381/9_Hot_Skills_for_2012